Vinegar Stops Heartburn and Indigestion
Heartburn and indigestion can be prevented:
There are two remedies:
First one must remove the candida buildup that is also causing a wide variety of harmful symptoms in the body. You'll find the instructions at this link: http://draxe.com/candida-symptoms/
and remember, foods which create the buildup and feed the candida yeast contain: brown/white sugar, sweeteners, honey, any and all white/brown flour products (donuts, cookies, cakes, breads, pastas), and sweet fruits such as bananas, dates, raisins.
1) For too much stomach acid ( take organic, apple cider vinegar)
My wife was experiencing intensely painful heartburn and indigestion. She tried the remedy of ingesting a tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar before a meal. It worked. She drank the tablespoon of vinegar with a little water. She just wolved it down. lol The point is, it worked.
Basically vinegar is a "shot" of acid to the stomach and it tells the stomach to stop producing so much acid. So although being acidic, the vinegar actually slows the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach. Simply taking a little water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar before a meal, or a few hours after a meal, neutralizes the stomach acid reflex and puts a stop to heartburn.
Drinking a little Aloe Vera juice helps to heal any inflammation from the heartburn and interferes with the release of hydrochloric acid by the stomach.
Please note: For those with eczema and skin rashes, it is not helpful to ingest vinegar or sour food products. An allergist and Ayurvedic doctor had helped heal my young daughter's ongoing skin rashes and eczema by revealing that she needed to avoid all 'sour' liquids and condiments such as vinegar, yogurt, cheese, mustard spread, ketchup, mayonnaise, relish, and pickled products. Sure enough, the avoidance of these sour foods quickly eliminated her ongoing eczema outbreaks.
The theory behind this treatment is that many skin rashes result when the body is overheated, and 'sour' foods such as vinegar and condiments are heat-producing. Green leafy salads and garden vegetables help to cool the body.
2) One must also remove the candida buildup that is responsible for a wide variety of harmful symptoms in the body. You'll find the instructions at this link: http://draxe.com/candida-symptoms/
and remember, foods which feed the candida yeast contain: brown/white sugar, sweeteners, honey, any and all white/brown flour products (donuts, cookies, cakes, breads, pastas), and sweet fruits such as ripe bananas, dates, raisins.
Follow up with daily intake of high potency Probiotic tablets. This will replenish your good bacteria in the intestinal tract which are so necessary for good digestion and fighting disease.
3) For too little stomach acid (take Betaine or Hydrochloride tablets)
When there is a lack of stomach acid, the symptoms of heartburn can also appear. A simple remedy for increasing the stomach acid is to ingest one or two tablets of Betaine (Hydrocholide) before each meal.
Here is what the ad for 'Betaine by Natural Factors' says: "As we get older, our stomach tends to produce less stomach acid needed to break down the food we eat, making it hard to get the most out of our food. Betaine hydrochloride, derived from beets, supports healthy digestion. Betaine Hydrochloride creates a favorable digestive environment in the stomach by providing a supplemental source of hydrochloric acid. Fenugreek also aids digestion.* Dosage 1-2 capsules at mealtime, 3 times per day or as directed by a health professional."
Tips to consider:
Of course it is worth eating proper foods and drink to help prevent heartburn, but if there seems to be no reason that your heartburn is arising, then why not experiment with the tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar, mixed with water, a couple of times? Remember to down the vinegar before your meal or a few hours after your meal.
If you have any stomach lining problem, or possible stomach ulcer formation, then rather than ingesting vinegar, begin taking the Aloe Vera gel along with 'Aloe Vera Stomach Formula' which I mention in the blog titled:
"Ulcers: Cured With Aloe Vera Juice"
Here are a few articles explaining how organic apple cider vinegar helps relieve heartburn.
1) Why Use Vinegar For Heartburn:
2) How Do I Get Rid Of Heartburn:
Quote from the above article:
"3. DON'T drink milk or suck on mints to relieve heartburn. Milk might feel nice and cool going down, but it actually contains fats and proteins that cause your stomach to secrete MORE acid and make your heartburn worse! Mints, while they may feel soothing, actually relax the small valve between your esophagus and stomach, whose purpose it is to actually KEEP acid at bay! When this valve is relaxed, more acid can seep up and aggravate heartburn symptoms!
4. This is going to sound strange, but downing a teaspoon of vinegar can help soothe heartburn immediately! Why give your stomach MORE acid when it already seems to have enough, you ask? Sometimes, heartburn is caused as a result of too little acid, and vinegar helps quell indigestion by giving your stomach a little extra "juice" (no pun intended!) to do its job!
5. Certain foods can cause nighttime heartburn, including: soda pop or beverages with caffeine (which you shouldn't be drinking before bed anyway!), alcohol, garlic, chocolate (sorry!), citrus fruits, tomatoes and tomato-based products. Avoiding these types of food can help ease your indigestion if you frequently find yourself awakened with that intolerable burning!
6. Eating a banana each day works like an antacid to soothe heartburn. If you're already stricken with indigestion, eating pineapple or papaya (or drinking the juice) can help settle your stomach naturally. Some people also claim that eating a teaspoon of mustard (there's vinegar in mustard) can work immediately.
7. Avoid eating at least two hours before you go to sleep. Those late night snacks can keep your stomach busy all night and prevent you from easing into a deep, restful sleep. You may also find that sleeping on your left side or sleeping at a somewhat upright angle can keep acid down where it belongs.
If you are awakened by heartburn on a regular basis, or the pain is severe, or if you have heartburn with vomiting, you'll want to consult your doctor immediately as it may be a sign of a more serious condition such as an ulcer. Above all, avoid spicy, fatty and caffeine-containing foods before bed, and you should be able to drift off to sleep easily."
Personally, I have found juicing beets, carrots, oranges, apples, and kale or peas from the garden every morning is a sure method to rebuilding the body's immune system. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNeUB5FT3Bw